If you are interested in getting outside and being active, there are plenty of activities taking place in the Alabama Gulf region. Here is a look at just a few of your options in August and September.
There are several opportunities for participating in yoga in the area. Among these are:
- Free Outdoor Flow provided by Glow Yoga from now through December 23rd. Classes are offered from 6:00 to 7:00 pm with donations for local charities accepted as payment. Classes take place 824 Gulf Shores Parkway in Gulf Shores.
- Sunset Slow Flow Yoga provided by Evolve Fitness Spa every Wednesday from now through the end of August from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. Cost is $12 per class. Evolve Fitness Spa is located at 4776 Main Street Suite L 202, but the class is offered at The Wharf in Orange Beach.
- Yoga in the Park provided by Snook Park every Tuesday and Thursday through August from 6:15 to 7:15 pm. Cost is $5 per class with classes taking place at 4099 Orange Beach Boulevard in Orange Beach.
Gulf State Park Southern Outlaw Drag Boat Race
The Gulf State Park Southern Outlaw Drag Boat Race will take place on August 27th from 11:00 am until 6:00 pm. Known for featuring the fastest outboard powered drag boats in the country, the event offers plenty of fun and excitement for spectators to enjoy. A meet and greet will also be held on August 27th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
The race takes place at Gulf State Park, which is located at 21101 State Highway 135 in Gulf Shores. Tickets to the event are $12 for ages 13 and over while those 12 and under are admitted for free. Gates open at 9:00 am and racing begins at 11:00 am. No parking is available at the event site, but a shuttle service is available from the Gulf State Park Beach Pavilion, Gulf State Park Fishing Pier and Gulf Shores High School at a cost of $5 per person.
2nd Annual Reel Hope Classic
The 2nd Annual Reel Hope Classic takes place August 26th and 27th. Hosted by the Mobile Big Game Fishing Club, the event is designed to benefit those who are being treated at the Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children’s of Alabama. During the event, four-man teams compete in categories including inshore and offshore fishing.
The 2nd Annual Reel Hope Classic takes place at the Orange Beach Marina located at 27075 Marina Road in Orange Beach. The cost of participation is $250 per boat while offshore fishing is $500 per boat. The Captains’ Meeting and pre-party begins at 6:30 pm on August 26th, during which all participating crew members can bring one guest to enjoy live music, dinner, drinks and a live auction. Fishing takes place the following day, with all boasts required to be under the bridge at Orange Beach Marina for weigh-in by 6:00 pm.
Tacky Jacks Bloody Mary 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run
Tacky Jacks will soon be hosting its annual Bloody Mary 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run, which will start and finish at Tacky Jacks. The fastest finishers will receive a custom award medal In 5 different age groups, while all participants can enjoy the post-race party including free food, beer and Bloody Mary drinks. Music will also be provided on the Tacky Jack’s deck.
Tacky Jacks Bloody Mary 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run takes place on September 3rd with events beginning at 7:30 am. Tacky Jack’s is located at 240 E. 24th Avenue in Gulf Shores.
Sunday 2-Person Scramble
From now until Christmas Day, the GlenLakes Golf Club will be hosting a 2-person scramble each Sunday on a 9-hole course from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
The GlenLakes Golf Club is located at 9530 Clubhouse Drive in Foley. The cost of admission is $15 plus tax. Participants must sign-up by 2:00 pm on the Saturday prior to the event. Registration can be completed by phone or by visiting the GlenLakes Golf Shop.
- Bellator leadership, agents help provide Lee County tornado relief
- Fairhope Realty Group becomes Bellator’s 8th office
- Bellator announces merger with Triple Option Properties, LLC
- Exploring Summer Camp on the Alabama Gulf Coast
- Enjoying Family Friendly Events on the Alabama Gulf Coast